1. Get home and check in with your parents or guardian:
Make sure to let your parents or guardian know that you’re home, and ask if there are any specific instructions for the afternoon or evening.
2. Unpack backpack and put away school supplies:
Put away all of your school supplies in their proper places, and unpack your backpack so it doesn’t get too heavy.
3. Check the family agenda or calendar for after-school activities:
If you have any after-school activities scheduled, make sure to look at the family agenda or calendar to see what time they start and end.
4. Eat a snack or have dinner:
It’s important to have a snack or meal after a long day of school, especially if you have any evening activities planned.
5. Do any homework that was assigned during the school day:
Make sure to do any homework that was assigned during the school day, so you don’t have to worry about it later.
6. Take a break! Relax for 10–15 minutes before starting on evening chores or activities:
After doing homework, it’s always a good idea to take a break for 10-15 minutes before starting on evening chores or activities. This will help you stay focused and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
7. Finish any unfinished homework from earlier in the week:
If you have any unfinished homework from earlier in the week, make sure to finish it before starting anything new.
8. Start on any evening chores that need to be done (dishes, laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, etc.):
Tackle any evening chores that need to be done so they don’t pile up.