1. Remove all items from the bedroom and clean all surfaces thoroughly
This means that you should take everything out of the room- including furniture- and clean every surface, including the floor. Be sure to vacuum and dust under furniture as well.
2. Vacuum the floor, including under the bed and furniture
Use a vacuum cleaner to vacuum the entire floor of the bedroom, including under the bed and furniture. This will help remove any dirt, dust, or other particles that may be lurking on the floor.
3. Dust all surfaces, including the ceiling fan and light fixtures
Dust all surfaces in the bedroom, including the ceiling fan and light fixtures. This will help remove any built up dirt or dust from those areas.
4. Clean the windows and window sills inside and out
Use a cleaning solution and a rag or brush to clean both the inside and outside of all windows in the bedroom. This will help remove any fingerprints, smudges, or other marks from the glass.
5. Wipe down all door frames, walls, and baseboards
Use a cloth or towel to wipe down all door frames, walls, and baseboards in the bedroom. This will help remove any dirt or dust that may have accumulated there over time.
6. Clean the closet, removing all items and dusting/vacuuming shelves and floors thoroughly
Remove all items from the closet and use a vacuum cleaner or broom to clean both the shelves and floors thoroughly. Be sure to get into every nook and cranny to remove all dirt, dust, or other particles that may be hiding there.
7. Vacuum or sweep behind/underneath furniture pieces
Use a vacuum cleaner or broom to sweep/vacuum behind/underneath all furniture pieces in the bedroom. This will help remove any dirt or dust that has built up there over time.
8. Wash all bedding (sheets, blankets, comforters) in hot water with detergent; air dry or tumble dry on low heat setting only
Wash all bedding in hot water with detergent- be sure to follow the fabric care instructions carefully!- then air dry or tumble dry on low heat setting only . This will help remove any allergens, bacteria, or other contaminants that may be present on the bedding material. Testimonial: "I always use this checklist when I'm getting ready to do a deep clean of my bedroom. It helps me to make sure that I don't forget anything and that I get the job done right.
9. Shampoo carpets/rugs (if applicable)
If there are any carpets or rugs present in the bedroom, be sure to shampoo them thoroughly in order to remove any dirt, dust, or other particles that may be lurking there.
10. Polish furniture if necessary
Use a furniture polish or wax to shine and protect all wood furniture in the bedroom- this will help it keep its luster and beauty for years to come!