1. Valid Passport.
Your passport should be valid for the duration of your intended stay in Canada. Make sure to renew it if necessary.
2. Letter of Acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
You must have an official letter of acceptance from a Canadian DLI to apply for a study permit.
3. Completed Study Permit Application Form (IMM 1294).
Fill out this form accurately, and don't forget to sign and date it.
4. Proof of Sufficient Funds to Cover Tuition and Living Expenses.
Provide proof that you have enough money to pay for tuition fees, living expenses, and return transportation.
5. Passport-Sized Photographs.
Submit the required number of recent passport-sized photographs with your application.
6. Statement of Purpose.
Include a well-written statement explaining your educational goals and plans in Canada.
7. Police Clearance Certificate (if required).
If your country of residence requires it, obtain a police clearance certificate.
8. Medical Examination Report (if required).
Some applicants may need to undergo a medical examination. Follow the guidelines provided.
9. Biometrics Appointment Confirmation.
Attend the biometrics appointment and provide the necessary fingerprints and photos.
10. Proof of Payment for the Study Permit Application Fee.
Ensure that you have paid the application fee and include proof of payment in your checklist.