1. Update your professional portfolio:
Keeping your professional portfolio up-to-date is essential, as it showcases your growth and development as an educator. Include updated resumes, transcripts, and any new certifications or awards you've received.
2. Complete 45 hours of professional development within the last three years:
Engage in ongoing professional development opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills. Attend workshops, conferences, or online courses related to early childhood education.
3. Maintain a current First Aid and CPR certification:
Ensure that your First Aid and CPR certifications are current. These skills are critical in providing a safe environment for the children in your care.
4. Complete a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education in each of the three CDA subject areas:
Focus on each of the three CDA subject areas—Planning a Safe and Healthy Environment, Advancing Children's Physical and Intellectual Development, and Supporting Children's Social and Emotional Development.
5. Verify employment in a relevant early childhood setting:
Be employed in an early childhood education setting that aligns with your CDA credential, providing you with practical experience to apply your knowledge.
6. Ensure your membership with a professional organization:
Maintain active membership in a recognized early childhood education professional organization, such as the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
7. Obtain parent or guardian surveys:
Gather surveys from parents or guardians of the children you work with. These surveys offer valuable insights into your effectiveness as an educator.
8. Review and submit official documentation:
Carefully review and submit all required documentation to verify your qualifications and compliance with the renewal process.
9. Pay the CDA renewal fee:
Ensure that you make the necessary payment to cover the renewal fee, which may vary depending on your specific CDA credential.
10. Submit your completed CDA Renewal application:
Complete and submit your CDA Renewal application, including all required forms and documents, before the expiration date of your current credential.