1. Proof of lawful permanent residency (Green Card):
This is the foundation of your naturalization application. Ensure your Green Card is valid and up to date
2. Application for Naturalization (Form N-400):
This is the official form to request U.S. citizenship. Complete it accurately and honestly.
3. Passport-sized photos as per USCIS specifications:
Follow the USCIS guidelines for the required photos.
4. Filing fee for the application:
Pay the appropriate fee when submitting your application.
5. Copy of your Green Card (front and back):
Photocopy both sides of your Green Card to include with your application.
6. Proof of continuous residence in the United States:
Provide documents that show you have continuously lived in the U.S. for the required period.
7. Proof of physical presence in the U.S:
Gather evidence to demonstrate your physical presence in the U.S. for the required duration.
8. English language and civics test preparation materials:
Prepare for the English and civics tests by studying USCIS-approved materials.
9. Completed medical examination (Form N-648 if applicable):
If necessary, undergo a medical examination and submit the required form.
10. Tax documentation:
Submit your tax returns or tax transcripts for the relevant years.
11. Evidence of good moral character:
Provide documentation that demonstrates your good moral character.
12. Any additional documents required based on your specific circumstances:
Follow USCIS instructions for any additional documents based on your situation.
13. Payment receipt and confirmation of application submission:
Keep records of your payment and submission for reference.
14. Interview notice:
Prepare for the naturalization interview by reviewing the notice and USCIS guidelines.
15. Study materials for the naturalization interview:
Study the provided materials to prepare for the interview.
16. Legal representation if needed:
If you have complex circumstances, consider seeking legal counsel.
17. Oath of Allegiance ceremony details:
Stay informed about your oath ceremony schedule and requirements.
18. Copy of your previous immigration applications and documentation:
Keep a record of your immigration history.
19. List of your foreign trips and absences from the U.S:
Document any trips outside the U.S. during the application period.
20. Updated contact information with USCIS:
Ensure USCIS has your current contact information to receive updates and notifications.