1. Make a general inspection of the area to be cleaned.
This means taking a look at the entire space and getting an idea of what needs to be done. It may help to make a list of specific areas that need attention.
2. Vacuum or sweep the floor thoroughly, making sure to get into all corners and crevices.
This step should be performed before any other cleaning tasks, as it will help reduce the amount of dust and dirt that is spread around. Be sure to use a vacuum with a crevice tool or a broom with a dustpan to get into tight spaces.
3. Dust all surfaces, including furniture, shelves, and ledges.
Dust can accumulate quickly and easily, so this is an important step to ensure a clean space. Use a duster or cloth to wipe down all surfaces.
4. Wipe down all surfaces with a damp cloth, using a cleaning solution if necessary.
This includes wiping down counters, tables, chairs, windowsills, and any other surfaces in the area. Be sure to use a clean cloth and plenty of water or cleaning solution for the best results.
5. Clean windows and mirrors using a window cleaner and newspaper or a microfiber cloth respectively.
Windows and mirrors can be difficult to clean properly if not done correctly. For best results, use a window cleaner and wipe in long, horizontal strokes. For mirrors, use a microfiber cloth to avoid leaving streaks behind.
6. Check and clean air vents and fans as needed.
Air vents and fans can easily become dusty or dirty over time and should be cleaned regularly for the best results. Use a vacuum cleaner or brush to clean out all the dirt and dust from the vents and fans respectively.
7. Empty all trash cans and replace liners as necessary.
Trash cans can quickly become dirty and unsanitary if not emptied on regular basis. Be sure to replace liners as needed and wash out the trash cans with soap and water occasionally as well.
8. Wash all floors with a suitable floor cleaner (e.g., mop, broom).
Floors should be washed regularly for best results in terms of both appearance and hygiene. Choose a floor cleaner that is suited for your type of flooring (e..g., mop for vinyl floors; broom for hardwood floors).
9. Shine any metal fixtures using a polishing agent/cloth (e..g chrome, brass).
This includes doorknobs, faucets, light fixtures, and any other metal surfaces in the area. Use a polishing agent or cloth to buff out any marks or fingerprints.
10. Freshen up the space with an air freshener or Febreze product.
This is a final step to help the area smell clean and fresh. Choose an air freshener that is suited for the size of the space (e.g., small room = small air freshener).