1. Vacuum all carpets, rugs and curtains
Vacuuming your carpets and rugs is essential for removing dirt, dust, and allergens. Be sure to use the appropriate vacuum settings for each surface that you are cleaning.
2. Dust all furniture including chairs, tables and bookcases
Using a microfiber cloth or dusting wand will help you remove any dust particles from your furniture and bookcases.
3. Clean windows and mirrors
Using warm water, window cleaner, or a vinegar solution to clean your windows is an effective way to remove any dirt or smudges from the glass surfaces.
4. Mop floors with a disinfectant solution
Mopping your floors with a disinfectant solution helps to kill germs and bacteria while also removing dirt and grime. Be sure to give the solution time to dry before allowing foot traffic in the area.
5. Wipe down kitchen countertops and appliances
Kitchen countertops should be wiped down regularly with an all-purpose cleaner or use of vinegar-based solutions for natural cleaning. Appliances should also be wiped down at least once a week to reduce the spread of germs and bacteria.
6. Sweep or vacuum any hardwood floors
Sweeping or vacuuming your hardwood floors is essential for keeping them looking their best. Be sure to use the proper cleaning tools for the job, such as a soft-bristled broom or vacuum attachment.
7. Empty trash cans and replace liners as needed
Empty your trash cans regularly and replace liners when necessary to ensure that odors don't accumulate in your home.
8. Wipe down bathroom surfaces such as toilets, showers and sinks
Using an all-purpose cleaner or natural cleaning solutions on your bathroom surfaces such as toilets, showers and sinks will help you keep them free from germs and bacteria.
9. Disinfect doorknobs, light switches, remote controls etc.
Disinfecting items such as doorknobs, light switches, and remote controls helps to reduce the spread of germs in your home. Be sure to use a disinfectant solution that is specifically designed for these surfaces.
10. Clean vents and air filters
Cleaning your air vents and air filters regularly helps to improve the air quality in your home by reducing the amount of dust in the air. Be sure to use a vacuum cleaner attachment for this task or hire a professional if needed.
11. Wash any reusable cloth grocery bags you may have
Washing your reusable cloth grocery bags helps to reduce the spread of germs and bacteria. Be sure to machine wash them with hot water and detergent before using again.
12. Donate or throw away any unwanted items that are taking up space in your home
Getting rid of any unwanted items that are taking up space in your home can help make it feel more organized and open. Consider donating any items that you don't need anymore or throwing them away if they are no longer usable.
13. Perform a deep cleaning of the kitchen including oven, refrigerator, and microwave
Performing a deep clean of your kitchen regularly will help to keep it clean and sanitary. When deep cleaning your kitchen, be sure to clean the oven, refrigerator, and microwave using an appropriate cleaner or solution.
14. Sanitize any surfaces that may have come into contact with raw food items such as cutting boards or countertops
Sanitizing any surfaces that may have come into contact with raw food items is essential for keeping your kitchen clean and safe. Be sure to use a sanitizer specifically designed for food-contact surfaces or submerge them in boiling water if possible.
15. Check for any areas of mold, and clean accordingly
Mold can occur in any room of the home and should be taken care of as soon as possible to avoid health problems. Check for any areas of mold, and clean accordingly by using an appropriate cleaner or bleach solution.
16. Vacuum upholstered furniture and mattresses
Vacuuming your upholstered furniture and mattresses regularly will help to keep them clean and free from dust mites. Be sure to use an appropriate vacuum attachment for this task or hire a professional if needed.
17. Clean light fixtures to remove dust and debris
Cleaning your light fixtures regularly will help to keep them looking their best and reduce the amount of dust in the air. Be sure to use an appropriate cleaner or cloth for this task.
18. Wipe down closet shelves and organize items as needed
Wiping down your closet shelves and organizing items as needed will help to keep your closet looking neat and organized.
19. Deep clean carpets to remove dirt and stains
Deep cleaning your carpets regularly will help to keep them looking their best and free from germs, dirt and stains. Be sure to use an appropriate cleaner or hire a professional if necessary.
20. Wash or dry-clean any area rugs or mats you may have
Washing or dry-cleaning any area rugs or mats you may have will help to keep them looking their best and free from germs. Be sure to use an appropriate cleaner for this task.