1. Ensure all system users have unique accounts
All system users should have unique accounts. This helps to ensure that each user is only able to access the resources they are authorized to access. It also makes it easier to track and manage users and their permissions.
2. Ensure passwords are strong and changed regularly
Passwords should be strong and changed regularly. This helps to prevent attackers from guessing or brute forcing passwords. It also helps to ensure that if a password is compromised, it will only be valid for a short period of time.
3. Ensure systems are patched and up to date
Systems should be patched and up to date. This helps to prevent known vulnerabilities from being exploited. It is also important to keep systems up to date in order to receive the latest security fixes and features.
4. Ensure system firewalls are properly configured
System firewalls should be properly configured. This helps to ensure that only authorized traffic is able to access systems and data. Improperly configured firewalls can allow attackers to gain access to systems and data.
5. Ensure only authorized users have access to systems and data
Only authorized users should have access to systems and data. This helps to prevent unauthorized users from accessing sensitive information. It also helps to ensure that if an unauthorized user does gain access to a system, they will not be able to access all resources.
6. Ensure system and application logs are reviewed regularly
System and application logs should be reviewed regularly. This helps to identify suspicious activity and investigate potential security incidents.
7. Ensure system backups are performed regularly
System backups should be performed regularly. This helps to ensure that data can be recovered in the event of a system failure or data loss.
8. Ensure systems are physically secure
Systems should be physically secure. This helps to prevent unauthorized users from gaining access to systems. It also helps to protect systems from physical damage.
9. Ensure only authorized software is installed on systems
Only authorized software should be installed on systems. This helps to prevent unauthorized software from being installed. It also helps to ensure that only software that has been approved by the organization is running on systems.
10. Ensure systems are monitored for suspicious activity
Systems should be monitored for suspicious activity. This helps to identify potential security threats and investigate potential security incidents.