1. Start by creating a budget and sticking to it.
This is probably the most important part of the wedding planning process- if you don't have a budget, you'll quickly find yourself in over your head. Decide on a realistic budget and then stick to it!
2. Decide on a date and location, and start planning accordingly.
Once you've set a budget, the next step is to pick a date and location. This can be tricky- make sure you take into account the availability of venues, vendors, and guests.
3. Choose your wedding party.
Make sure you pick people who will be supportive and helpful! Your wedding party is one of the most important parts of your wedding- choose wisely! Make sure your wedding party is supportive and helpful, and that they share your vision for the wedding.
4. Create or find a template for your invitations- this can save time and money.
There are lots of great templates for invitations available online- why not use one to save time and money? You can always personalize it to reflect your own unique style.
5. Select your bridal party attire.
Your bridal party attire should reflect your personal style- after all, it will be seen by all your guests! Try to choose something that everyone will feel comfortable wearing.
6. Plan the ceremony and reception details including music, food, and decor.
The ceremony and reception are two of the most important aspects of your wedding- make sure you plan them both carefully! Music, food, and decor can all play a big role in making your wedding day perfect.
7. Finalize all the small details like place cards, favors, and thank you notes.
The little details can often be the most important ones! Make sure you take care of everything, from place cards to thank you notes, so that nothing is left unfinished on your big day.