1. Has your child been reading since they were 2?
Reading has been found to be a good indication for gifted 3 year olds.
2. Does your child excel in math?
Math is another indicator that can help you tell if your child is gifted.
3. Do you have more than one intelligent kid?
If you have more than one intelligent kid, chances are that the other kids in the family might also be gifted.
4. Does your kid skip every other week?
Kids who excel in school might take off some of their breaks or skip every other week altogether. They want to maximize their time and keep up with their studies. This is an early sign of being highly intelligent that you should check out.
5. Does your child get frustrated when reading?
Kids who are frustrated while reading might be gifted because they are frustrated by the amount of time they take to read or do their homework. They see the other kids doing things quicker than them and it frustrates them. You should keep an eye on this and make sure your child is not being overworked. If you notice that your child gets frustrated you should definitely look into testing him/her for giftedness
6. Can you do addition in your head?
Kids who can do addition in their head might be gifted because they are bored with the regular method of preparing for tests. This is why they are not used to the actual test, so they do things in their head to help them get through the test faster and easier.
7. Do they always get their parents jobs done before you?
This is a sign that your kid is highly intelligent and has an extremely hard time when it comes to schoolwork. This also means that they could be overworked if you do not keep an eye on them.
8. Are they good at playing games of strategy?
Kids who are good at playing games of strategy are very intelligent and have a very high level of thinking skills that permits them to think faster.
9. Can they add and subtract within 10 seconds?
Kids who can add and subtract in their head are extremely intelligent. The only way to get this skill is to prepare for tests by doing addition in your head. This is because the other kids do not have the same skill, so they do addition the regular way.
10. Does he/she always know the mathematical formulas for any given situation? (i.e. a given area, volume, radius, etc.)
Kids who know how to do mathematical formulas are extremely gifted because they can skip steps and simplify things easier than other kids.