1. Determine graduation date and time:
Ensure you know the exact date and time of your graduation ceremony to inform guests and make necessary arrangements.
2. Order graduation gown and cap:
It's crucial to order these in advance to ensure they fit and are available for the ceremony.
3. Send out graduation invitations:
Notify friends and family about your graduation well in advance so they can make plans to attend.
4. Plan graduation party or celebration:
Decide whether you want a small gathering or a big party and start making arrangements accordingly.
5. Confirm final academic requirements:
Check with your academic advisor to ensure all coursework and requirements are completed for graduation.
6. Collect graduation tickets for guests:
Most institutions have a limit on the number of guests. Ensure you collect the necessary tickets for your loved ones.
7. Arrange for graduation photos:
Schedule a session with a professional photographer or ask a friend to capture this memorable moment.
8. Secure accommodations for out-of-town guests:
If you have family or friends traveling from afar, help them find a place to stay.
9. Prepare a graduation speech or message:
If you're valedictorian or just want to share your journey, prepare a heartfelt message or speech.
10. Create a post-graduation plan:
Think about your next steps, whether it's further studies, a job, or traveling.