1. Get your transcripts and diploma.
Make sure to contact your guidance counselor in order to request that your transcripts be sent to the colleges you have chosen to attend. You will also need to pick up your diploma from your high school.
2. Order your cap and gown.
Most high schools have a cap and gown ceremony in which the students are officially recognized as graduates. You will need to order your cap and gown through your school or online.
3. Reserve your graduation ceremony tickets.
Graduation ceremonies can be quite popular, so it is important to reserve your tickets as soon as possible.
4. Clear any outstanding fines or fees.
Make sure to clear up any outstanding fines or fees before graduating, as you will not be able to do so after graduation.
5. Update your school records with your new address and contact information.
After graduating, make sure to update your school records with your new address and contact information so that they have the most current information on file.
6. Give notice to your current school that you will be graduating.
Notify your current school that you will be graduating, so that they can update your records accordingly.
7. Register for graduation ceremonies and/or order a class ring.
If you would like to participate in the graduation ceremonies or order a class ring, make sure to register or order them through the appropriate channels.
8. Request that your final high school transcript is sent to the colleges you’ve chosen to attend.
After graduating, make sure to contact your guidance counselor in order to request that your final high school transcript be sent to the colleges you have chosen to attend.
9. Purchase graduation announcements, if desired.
Graduation announcements are a great way to notify family and friends of your upcoming graduation date.
10. Make plans for after graduation.
After completing all of the items on the high school graduation checklist, make sure to take some time for yourself and make plans for what comes next!