1. Confirm that the property is clean and free of clutter prior to any showings.
This includes vacuuming carpets, dusting surfaces, and wiping down windows. Additionally, declutter any items in the home that are no longer necessary or used frequently to create a more spacious feel.
2. Make sure all personal belongings are put away, including family photos, prescription medications, and any other highly personal items.
This will help potential buyers to imagine themselves living in the home without feeling like they’re intruding on someone else’s life. Additionally, it will reduce the risk that anything valuable or sensitive may be taken during showings.
3. Check that all beds are made and all towels are neatly folded and placed out of sight.
Having a neat and tidy bedroom helps buyers envision the room as their own while still highlighting its features such as size, layout, and storage options. Similarly, bathrooms should look inviting by having fresh towels laid out in an attractive manner and all surfaces wiped down.
4. Ensure that all floors are swept and mopped, carpets vacuumed, and windows cleaned both inside and out.
This will help the home look its best for showings by highlighting features such as hardwood or tile flooring in addition to providing a clean feel to any potential buyers.
5. Turn on all lights in the home - both indoor and outdoor - to showcase its best features during a showing.
By doing this, buyers can easily see how much natural light is available throughout the house along with its overall layout. Additionally, this will help create a warm and inviting atmosphere that potential buyers may appreciate during their visit.
6. Open curtains or blinds to allow natural light into every room in the house.
Having curtains or blinds open will make the home appear more inviting while still creating an airy feeling throughout. This can also help potential buyers to imagine themselves living in the space.
7. Place fresh flowers in strategic locations throughout the home to add a touch of life (and smell).
Fresh-cut flowers can be placed on tables, mantels, shelves, and other areas to create a pleasant aroma that potential buyers may appreciate during their visit. Additionally, this will make any room look even brighter and more inviting.
8. Ensure that the home smells fresh by baking cookies or using an air freshener prior to any showings.
This will help ensure that potential buyers are greeted with a pleasant scent when they enter the home, which may make them feel more comfortable. Additionally, baking cookies can be a good way to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
9. Make sure everything works properly, including TVs, ovens, dishwashers, etcetera).
A faulty appliance or light switch can leave potential buyers feeling that the property is not well maintained. Thus it’s important to check that everything is functioning correctly before any showings.
10. Check outside areas for necessary landscaping maintenance or repairs that may need attention.
This includes things such as trimming shrubs, mowing lawns, and removing weeds and debris from walkways and patios. This will help showcase the outdoor features of the home and make the overall appearance more inviting to potential buyers.