1. Make a list of the supplies that you will need:
This includes things like water, food, flashlights, batteries, and first-aid supplies.
2. Make a plan for where you will go during the hurricane:
This could include staying with family or friends, or finding a hotel or shelter.
3. Make a plan for what you will do with your pets during the hurricane:
This could include finding a pet-friendly hotel or shelter, or having someone care for them during the storm.
4. Put together an emergency kit:
This should include items like water, food, flashlights, batteries, and first-aid supplies.
5. Stock up on food and water:
You will want to have enough food and water to last for at least 72 hours.
6. Fill up your gas tank:
You may need to evacuate and you don't want to run out of gas in the process.
7. Secure your home:
This could include boarding up windows, putting sandbags around your home, and securing any outdoor furniture or appliances.
8. Stay informed about the hurricane's path and updates:
You can do this by checking websites like The Weather Channel or NOAA, or by listening to the news.
9. Have a family communication plan:
This should include a designated meeting place and contact information for all family members.
10. Be prepared to evacuate if necessary:
If officials tell you to evacuate, make sure you have everything you need to leave quickly