1. Comfortable clothing for labor and postpartum:
Pack loose-fitting clothes that provide comfort during labor and the postpartum period. Opt for front-open tops for easy breastfeeding.
2. Personal identification and insurance information:
Carry your identification documents, insurance cards, and any hospital-related paperwork in a folder for quick access.
3. Toiletries and essential hygiene products:
Pack travel-sized toiletries, including a toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, and body wash, to stay fresh during your hospital stay.
4. Snacks and drinks for sustained energy:
High-energy snacks like granola bars, nuts, and dried fruit, along with a reusable water bottle, will keep you nourished and hydrated.
5. Necessary medications and medical records:
Don't forget to include any prescribed medications and your medical records for reference by the hospital staff.
6. Birth plan and any required documentation:
If you have a birth plan, bring several copies along with any required documentation to ensure your preferences are communicated effectively.
7. Cell phone, charger, and a list of important contacts:
Keep your communication essentials handy, including your fully charged cell phone, charger, and a list of people to notify when the baby arrives.
8. Nursing bras and breastfeeding supplies:
If you plan to breastfeed, pack nursing bras, breast pads, and nipple cream for added comfort.
9. Comfortable footwear for walking around the hospital:
Slip-on shoes or cozy slippers will be a relief when you need to move around the hospital.
10. Baby clothes, blankets, and diapers:
Pack a few sets of baby clothes, receiving blankets, and diapers for your newborn's initial needs.