1. Clear out and declutter kitchen cabinets:
Start by removing all items from your cabinets and drawers. Donate or discard items you no longer need. Wipe down the shelves and drawers before neatly organizing your kitchenware.
2. Clean and disinfect all countertops:
Use a gentle cleaner to remove surface dirt, followed by a disinfectant to kill bacteria. Pay special attention to seams and edges.
3. Wipe down appliances, inside and out:
Clean the exterior surfaces of your appliances, including the microwave, dishwasher, and refrigerator. Don't forget to clean the interior of the microwave and oven.
4. Empty and clean the refrigerator and freezer:
Take out all items, check for expired items, and defrost if necessary. Wipe down shelves and drawers with a mild solution of water and vinegar.
5. Deep clean the oven and microwave:
Remove grime and food residue using oven cleaner for the oven and a microwave-safe bowl of water with lemon for the microwave.
6. Scrub the sink and faucet:
Use a scrubbing brush and a mixture of baking soda and water to clean the sink. Shine the faucet with a vinegar solution.
7. Clean and organize pantry shelves:
Remove expired or unused items from your pantry. Wipe down shelves and organize items by type or expiration date.
8. Wash and sanitize cutting boards and utensils:
Clean cutting boards with soap and hot water, then sanitize by spraying with a mixture of water and hydrogen peroxide.
9. Dust and clean light fixtures:
Dust and wipe down any light fixtures or ceiling fans in the kitchen to improve lighting and air quality.
10. Sweep and mop the kitchen floor:
Sweep to remove loose debris and mop using a suitable cleaner for your flooring type, ensuring a fresh and clean surface.