1. Make a list of what you need to pack:
This is probably the most important step of the entire process, as it will help ensure that you don't forget anything important. Start by making a list of all the rooms in your old residence, and then brainstorm everything you need to pack for each room. Be sure to include things like clothes, bedding, toiletries, kitchen supplies, and any valuable or sentimental items.
2. Start packing your essentials:
Once you have your list of items to pack, start packing the essentials first. This should include things like your clothes, toiletries, and bedding. You may also want to pack a few snacks and drinks so you have them when you first arrive at your new residence.
3. Pack heavier items on the bottom of your boxes:
Heavier items should be packed on the bottom of your boxes so they are less likely to get damaged during transport.
4. Use designated boxes for fragile items:
If you have any fragile or valuable items, be sure to pack them in designated boxes so they don't get damaged during transport.
5. Label each box with its contents and destination room:
Once your boxes are packed, be sure to label each one with its contents and the room it is destined for in your new residence. This will help make unpacking a lot easier once you get there.
6. Pack a suitcase or bag with your essentials for the first few days after you move:
When you're finished packing, pack a suitcase or bag with your essentials for the first few days after you move. This should include things like clothes, toiletries, and snacks.
7. Empty your refrigerator and freezer and clean them out:
Before you move out, be sure to empty your refrigerator and freezer and clean them out thoroughly. Any food that is left behind can spoil and create an unpleasant mess.
8. Dispose of any unwanted furniture, appliances, or large items:
If you have any unwanted furniture, appliances, or large items, be sure to dispose of them before moving out. You may need to contact a removal company if there is too much stuff to get rid of on your own.
9. Sweep/vacuum all floors and surfaces in your old residence:
Before leaving your old residence, be sure to sweep/vacuum all floors and surfaces so there is no leftover dirt or debris.
10. Wipe down all cabinets, walls, windowsills, etc:
Once you've swept and vacuumed all the floors and surfaces, wipe down any cabinets, walls, windowsills, etc. This will help remove any fingerprints or smudges that may be left behind.