1. Vacuum all carpets and rugs.
Make sure to use a vacuum cleaner with a beater bar to remove all dirt, dust, and hair from the carpets.
2. Dust furniture, window sills, and blinds.
Use a microfiber cloth to trap the dust and avoid leaving any streaks behind.
3. Clean all countertops and appliances.
Apply a mild detergent and wipe down with a damp cloth. Be sure to clean the inside of the oven, microwave, and refrigerator.
4. Scrub bathroom surfaces and toilets.
Use a bleach-based cleaner to remove any tough stains or mildew buildup.
5. Wipe down all cabinets inside and out.
To avoid streaks, use a damp cloth and apply a small amount of wood polish to the cabinet surfaces.
6. Clear out the refrigerator and pantry of all food items.
Dispose of any expired food or leftovers in the garbage can.
7. Remove any nails or screws from walls that were used to hang pictures or shelves etc.
If possible, use a putty knife to remove any dried paint or caulk from the wall surface before patching up any holes with spackle or caulk
8. Wash windows inside and out (including screens) using glass cleaner and a squeegee.
Be sure to also clean the window tracks and screens with a toothbrush.
9. Polish all brass or metal fixtures in the house using brass polish or Brasso.
This will help to keep them looking shiny and new for longer periods of time.
10. Sweep porches/patios/walkways using a broom.
Make sure to get into all the corners and remove any leaves or debris that may have accumulated over time.