1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance:
Narcissists often have an inflated sense of self-importance. They may believe that they are above others and are not capable of making mistakes.
2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love:
Narcissists often have unrealistic fantasies about their own greatness. They may believe that they are destined for greatness or that they are already successful.
3. Believes that he or she is special and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people:
Narcissists often believe that they are unique and special and should only associate with other high-status people. They may feel entitled to special treatment due to their perceived status.
4. Requires excessive admiration:
Narcissists often need to be constantly praised and admired in order to boost their fragile egos. They may become angry or resentful if they do not receive the praise they feel they deserve.
5. Has a sense of entitlement:
Narcissists often feel entitled to privileges and special treatment that others do not receive. They may expect others to cater to their every need without regard for their feelings or opinions.
6. Is interpersonally exploitative:
Narcissists often use others to get what they want without caring about their feelings or well-being. They may take advantage of friends, family members, or colleagues for financial gain or personal gain.
7. Lacks empathy:
Narcissists typically do not care about the feelings of others and often ignore their needs and desires. They may be insensitive to the pain and suffering of others and may even enjoy seeing others in pain.
8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her:
Narcissists often feel envy towards others who they perceive as being better than them in some way. They may believe that others are envious of their accomplishments and status.
9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes:
Narcissists often exhibit arrogant behaviors and attitudes as a way to try and assert their superiority over others. They may be rude, condescending, or dismissive of others.