1. Review the NCSU Academic Calendar to become familiar with important deadlines and events.
The NCSU Academic Calendar provides a list of important deadlines and events for the semester, such as registration deadlines and orientation information. By becoming familiar with these dates, new students can ensure that they are prepared for everything they need to do.
2. Familiarize yourself with campus resources and contact information.
Campus resources include things like the library, student health center, and career center. Contact information includes the addresses, phone numbers, and websites for these resources. It is important to become familiar with this information so that new students know where to go for help when they need it.
3. Complete the admissions application process and submit all required materials.
The admissions application process includes filling out an application form, submitting transcripts and other documents, and paying any applicable fees. By completing all of these steps, new students can be sure that their application is processed correctly.
4. Activate your WolfID and email account.
Your WolfID is your student identification number at NCSU, and your email account is where you will receive all official university correspondence. It is important to activate both of these as soon as possible in order to stay connected to the campus community.
5. Pay your tuition bill and housing deposit (if applicable).
Tuition bills must be paid by the due date in order to avoid late fees. Housing deposits are required if you plan on living on campus. Be sure to pay both of these bills on time in order to avoid any penalties.
6. Register for classes - be sure to meet all prerequisites!
Registering for classes is one of the most important steps in starting college. Make sure that you meet all prerequisites listed for each class or you may not be able to register for them.
7. Attend orientation, where you will learn about campus resources and expectations as a new student-athlete, commuter, or residential student orientation.
Orientation is an important event where new students can learn about what to expect during their time at NCSU. This event includes sessions on topics like campus resources and expectations as a student-athlete or commuter student. It is crucial to attend orientation so that you have all the information you need to start your college career off on the right foot.
8. Meet with an academic advisor to discuss course selection and degree requirements.
Meeting with an academic advisor is a great way for new students to get advice as they plan out their course of study. The advisor can also provide guidance on degree requirements and other relevant topics. Advising sessions are a great opportunity for new students to ask questions and get clarification on any issues they might have. It is important to take full advantage of this resource so that you can make the most of your college experience.
9. Map out your schedule using WolfPATH.
WolfPATH is an online scheduling tool that helps students plan their course load for the semester. It also provides helpful resources like a campus map, degree checklists, and important academic dates. New students can use this tool to create a schedule that works best for them.
10. Pick up your class schedule and parking permit from the Parking Office.
Once you have registered for classes, you can pick up your class schedule and parking permit from the Parking Office. This will allow you to park on campus and attend your classes without any issues. It is important to obtain both of these items as soon as possible so that you are ready for the start of the semester.