1. Check for proper grammar and spelling.
Make sure that all words are spelled correctly and that grammar is applied correctly. This includes the correct use of verb tenses, pronouns, and articles.
2. Ensure that all facts are accurate.
Before submitting your work, check your facts against reliable sources. This includes ensuring that dates, names, and places are all accurate.
3. Verify that sources are cited correctly.
If you are using outside sources in your work, make sure to cite them correctly. This includes both in-text citations and full citations at the end of your work.
4. Make sure the tone and voice of the writing are consistent throughout.
The tone of your writing should be appropriate for the subject matter and audience. The voice should also be consistent throughout the piece.
5. Fix any errors in sentence structure.
Check your sentences for proper construction, including correct use of subject-verb agreement and verb tenses.
6. Tighten up paragraphs to improve readability.
Make sure that each paragraph flows smoothly into the next. Check for any awkward transitions or choppy sentences.
7. Proofread work one final time before submitting it for review.
Once you have made all of the changes from your previous checklist, proofread your work again. This will help to catch any final errors.