1. Confirm that all required resources are available
This includes confirming that all machines, tools, and materials are present and in working order.
2. Review and approve the readiness plan
The readiness plan should be reviewed by all relevant parties to ensure that everyone is on the same page and knows what needs to be done.
3. Verify procedural compliance
This step involves making sure that all procedures are being followed correctly and that there are no shortcuts being taken.
4. Update process documentation as necessary
This ensures that the most up-to-date information is being used.
5. Conduct pre-operational testing
Pre-operational testing checks to see if everything is working as it should be.
6. Finalize start-up procedures
Start-up procedures should be reviewed and finalized so that everyone knows what needs to be done.
7. Mobilize resources
This step involves putting all the necessary resources in place.
8. Initiate operational processes
Operational processes can now be started.
9. Evaluate results and performance against expectations
This allows for adjustments to be made if necessary.
10. Update the readiness plan as necessary for future reference or for use in next project phases
This ensures that the readiness plan is always up-to-date.