1. Confirm the wedding date and time with the bride's parents.
This is important in order to make sure that everyone is on the same page and that there are no scheduling conflicts.
2. Meet with the bride to go over the order of events and discuss any special requests.
It is helpful to meet with the bride in advance so that you can get an idea of what she is envisioning for her big day. This way, you can be sure to help make her dreams a reality.
3. Work with the bride's parents to create a budget for the wedding and send out invitations.
Working with the other parents to set a budget will ensure that everyone is on the same page regarding spending. Sending out invitations in a timely manner will help to ensure that guests can save the date and are able to attend.
4. Choose and purchase a wedding gift for the bride and groom.
Selecting a meaningful gift for the happy couple is a great way to show your support on their big day.
5. Select tuxedos or formal wear for the groom and his groomsmen.
Making sure that everyone looks their best is an important part of the wedding day. Choosing tuxedos or formal wear that fits well and looks sharp will help to ensure that the groom and his groomsmen look their best.
6. Make arrangements for transportation on the wedding day.
Ensuring that everyone has a way to get to and from the wedding venue is essential. Making transportation arrangements in advance will help to ensure that everyone is able to make it to the big event on time.
7. Purchase thank you cards, stamps, and envelopes.
Thanking guests for attending the wedding and sending them a thoughtful gift is a great way to show your appreciation. Having thank you cards on hand will make it easy to send out thanks after the big day.
8. Buy decorations such as flowers, balloons, or streamers for the reception hall.
Making the reception hall look beautiful is an important part of the wedding day. Purchasing decorations in advance will help to ensure that the space looks its best.
9. Plan who will be providing food and drinks at the reception.
Making sure that there is enough food and drink for everyone at the reception is essential. Planning in advance who will be responsible for providing these items will help to ensure that there are no last-minute surprises.
10. Book a band or DJ for the reception.
Entertainment is an important part of the wedding reception. Booking a band or DJ in advance will help to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy themselves at the big event.