1. Make a list of all assignments that need to be done, and when they are due.
This can be done in a notebook, on your computer, or even on your phone. It’s important to have everything in one place so you can keep track of what needs to be done and when it is due.
2. Create a study schedule and stick to it.
This will help you make sure that you are getting everything done on time and that you are not trying to cram all your studying into one night.
3. Get plenty of rest and exercise; both help improve focus and concentration.
It’s hard to focus when you’re tired or feeling run down, so make sure you get plenty of sleep and exercise. This will help improve your concentration and allow you to focus better while doing school work.
4. Take breaks every once in awhile; too much focus can lead to burnout
If you work for too long without taking a break, you can start to feel burned out. It’s important to take short breaks every once in a while so you can refresh yourself and continue working productively.
5. Eat healthy foods; junk food can make it hard to concentrate.
Foods like candy bars and potato chips may taste good, but they aren’t very good for you. Eating healthy foods like fruits and vegetables will help keep your mind clear and focused while doing school work.
6. Avoid distractions while working; turn off the TV, put away your phone, etc.
One of the best ways to stay focused while doing school work is to avoid distractions. Turn off the TV, put away your phone, and find a quiet place to work so you can concentrate better.
7. Finish one task before moving on to the next; this will help avoid feeling overwhelmed.
Trying to do multiple tasks at once can often lead to feeling overwhelmed. If you finish one task before moving on to the next, it will be less daunting and you will be able to focus better.
8. Check over your work for mistakes before turning it in.
This is especially important for papers and essays; making sure there aren’t any mistakes before turning them in will avoid having to redo them later on.
9. Organize your school supplies so everything is easy to find.
If your desk is cluttered, it can be hard to find anything- including your school supplies. Organize everything so it’s easy to find and you can save time when you’re looking for something specific.
10. Stay positive; if you get stressed out, it will only make things worse.
Getting stressed out about school work can actually make it harder to focus and get things done. Try to stay positive and take things one step at a time so you don’t feel overwhelmed.