1. Verify site dimensions and conditions.
inspect the site to ensure that it is the correct size and in the correct location. Verify that the site is level and free of obstacles.
2. Check for underground utilities.
identify any potential hazards from underground utilities, such as gas or electrical lines.
3. Inspect foundation and framing.
check for proper construction of the foundation and framing. Look for signs of weak or inadequate construction.
4. Examine roofing and flashing.
check for proper installation of roofing materials and flashing. Inspect for signs of water damage or leaks.
5. Evaluate windows and doors.
check that windows and doors are properly installed and sealed. Inspect for signs of wear or damage.
6. Inspect trim and finishes.
check that trim and finishes are properly installed and in good condition. Look for signs of water damage, peeling paint, or other defects.
7. Check for proper insulation.
verify that the building has been properly insulated against heat loss and moisture intrusion.
8. Look for signs of moisture intrusion.
inspect for signs of water infiltration, such as water stains, mildew, or rotting wood.
9. Inspect landscaping and drainage.
check that the landscaping is properly installed and that drainage is adequate to prevent flooding or erosion.
10. Test electrical and plumbing systems.
test all electrical outlets and fixtures to make sure they are working properly. Check plumbing fixtures for leaks or other defects.-
11. Confirm compliance with applicable building codes.
Confirm that the construction project meets all applicable building codes and standards.
12. Assess potential safety hazards.
Identify any potential safety hazards on the site, such as trip hazards, sharp edges, or open flames/heat sources.
13. Confirm adherence to all local ordinances.
Confirm that the construction project is in compliance with all local zoning ordinances and regulations.
14. Evaluate engineering calculations and drawings.
Review engineering calculations and drawings to ensure that they have been correctly prepared and executed.
15. Ensure proper documentation is present for inspections and permits.
Verify that all required documentation is present for inspections and permits. This includes paperwork for engineering calculations, drawings, building codes, zoning ordinances, etc