1. Clean the windows
Make sure to use a window cleaner and a cloth to clean the windows inside and out.
2. Dust the furniture and shelves
Use a duster or a cloth to dust all of the surfaces in your home.
3. Vacuum the carpets and floors
Vacuum all of the carpets and surfaces in your home, including under the furniture.
4. Wipe down all of the surfaces in the kitchen and bathrooms
Use a wet towel or sponge to wipe down all of the surfaces in both kitchens and bathrooms.
5. Change all of your bed sheets and pillowcases
This is a good time to also vacuum or sweep under your bed.
6. Sweep and mop the floors in all of the rooms
Sweep all of the floors with a broom, then use a mop to get rid of any dirt or stains.
7. Clean out the refrigerator and cabinets/closets
Throw away any expired food from the refrigerator, and organize everything in your cabinets and closets.
8. Shampoo/spot-clean the carpets or rugs if needed
If your carpets or rugs need more extensive cleaning, you can do this now.
9. Air out your home by opening windows and doors for a few hours
Open up your windows and doors to let fresh air circulate through your home.