1. Submit your final transcripts and test scores.
Request that your high school or college provide official transcripts and test scores to UVM.
2. Make an appointment with your academic advisor.
Contact the academic advising office to make an appointment with a faculty member who will provide advice and guidance throughout your college career at UVM.
3. Review the campus map and get familiar with the area.
Take the time to explore UVM's campus and get familiar with its layout.
4. Prepare & organize your study materials & supplies.
Gather the materials you'll need for success, such as textbooks, notebooks, a laptop or tablet, pens, and pencils.
5. Register for classes in advance.
Register for classes in advance to ensure that you get the courses and professors that will best meet your educational goals.
6. Review UVM’s academic catalog.
Review UVM's academic catalog to learn about courses, degree requirements, and more.
7. Update your student contact information (Cell, email, etc.).
Make sure your contact information is up to date and easily accessible by the university.
8. Apply for on-campus housing or look into close off-campus option
Familiarize yourself with housing options and apply for on-campus housing if desired.
9. Set up your campus email account & social media profiles at UVM.
Create a UVM email account and set up social media profiles to stay connected with other students, faculty, and alumni.
10. Create a schedule of events to attend during orientation week.
Attend events during orientation week to get connected with other students and campus organizations. This is also a great opportunity to meet professors and learn more about UVM's academic offerings.