1. Make a list of things you want to include in your ceremony.
This can include readings, poems, or songs that are special to you as a couple. You may also want to include a sand ceremony or unity candle ceremony as part of your vows.
2. Order new wedding rings, if desired.
If you did not have rings when you got married, or if you would like to upgrade your rings for the vow renewal ceremony, now is the time to do it!
3. Send out invitations to your friends and family.
Be sure to give them plenty of notice so they can save the date.
4. Book a photographer and/or videographer for the event.
You'll want to capture all the special moments of your ceremony and reception, so be sure to book someone in advance.
5. Decide on what type of attire you will wear.
This is entirely up to you! You can dress as formally or informally as you like.
6. Choose music for the ceremony and reception.
You may want to choose special songs that have meaning to you as a couple, or simply pick your favorite tunes.
7. Create or purchase a custom vow renewal certificate or guest book.
This will be a cherished keepsake from your special day.
8. Plan the ceremony timeline.
Be sure to allow enough time for everything you want to include in your ceremony.
9. Have fun shopping for decorations.
From flowers to balloons to streamers, there are lots of ways to decorate for your big day.
10. Finalize all details with your officiant.
Make sure they have all the information they need in order to officiate your ceremony.