1. Make a list of items you will need in case of a power outage or snowstorm:
This includes items like food, water, batteries, and candles. You should also make sure to have a warm coat and boots to keep you warm during a power outage.
2. Gather supplies for your home, including food, water, batteries, and candles:
Having these supplies on hand will help you be prepared for any potential challenges that the winter weather may bring.
3. Make sure that you have a warm coat and boots to keep you warm during a power outage:
It is important to stay warm during a power outage, so make sure you have the proper clothing to stay comfortable.
4. Install storm windows or plastic sheeting to help keep the cold out:
Storm windows can help keep the cold out of your home during a winter storm, while plastic sheeting can be used to cover your windows in the event of a power outage.
5. Fill up your car with gasoline in case you lose power and need to evacuate:
If you lose power during a winter storm, you may need to evacuate your home. Having gasoline in your car will allow you to do this safely.
6. Have a plan for what you will do if there is a major winter storm:
Knowing what you will do if there is a major winter storm can help keep you calm and prepared in case one happens.
7. Check on your elderly neighbours during bad weather to make sure they are okay:
Elderly neighbours may be more susceptible to the challenges that winter weather can bring, so it is important to check on them during bad weather conditions.
8. Keep an emergency kit stocked with first-aid supplies, flashlights, and blankets:
An emergency kit can come in handy in case of any type of emergency, including a winter storm.
9. Stay informed about winter weather conditions in your area so that you can be prepared:
By staying informed about the weather conditions in your area, you can be better prepared for whatever challenges winter may bring.
10. Practice your emergency plan so that you know what to do when bad weather hits:
Practicing your emergency plan can help ensure that you are ready for anything that winter may throw at you.