1. Create a descriptive and SEO-friendly title.
The title is the first thing viewers will see when searching for your video, so it’s important to make it compelling, descriptive, and SEO-friendly. A great title should be between 5-8 words long and include targeted keywords that accurately describe the content of the video.
2. Add relevant tags to the video.
Tags are important for reaching the right audience and helping your video show up in YouTube’s search engine results. Make sure to add relevant tags that accurately describe the content of your video, as well as any other related topics or keywords that could be used to find it.
3. Write an engaging description of the content.
The description of your video is what viewers will see when scrolling through YouTube’s search engine results. Make sure to include relevant keywords and a clear, detailed summary of the video’s content that entices viewers to click on it.
4. Choose an appropriate thumbnail image.
The thumbnail image is an important part of the video that can help draw viewers in. Make sure to choose an eye-catching photo or graphic that accurately represents your content and looks professional.
5. Include timestamps in descriptions for long videos.
If your video is longer than 10 minutes, it’s a good idea to include timestamps in the description so viewers can easily jump to sections that interest them.
6. Utilize annotations or cards in the video to link to other relevant content.
Annotations and cards are great for adding links to other videos, websites, or social media accounts in your video. This can help keep viewers engaged with additional content and encourage them to subscribe or follow you on other platforms.
7. End your video with a call to action.
Be sure to end your video with a call to action that encourages viewers to subscribe, follow you on social media, or visit your website. This will help keep them engaged and coming back for more content in the future.
8. Optimize titles, tags, and descriptions for YouTube search engine optimization (SEO).
Using targeted keywords in titles, tags and descriptions will help your video show up higher in YouTube’s search engine results.
9. Include links back to your website or social media accounts at least once during the video.
Including links to your website or social media accounts in the description of your video or even during the video itself can help encourage viewers to follow you on other platforms.
10. Use keywords effectively on all platforms where you upload/share your videos.
Keywords are important for helping your video show up in search engine results. Make sure to use the same keywords across all platforms where you’re sharing or promoting your videos, including YouTube and other social media sites. This will help ensure that people can find your content wherever they are searching.